Partial Listing of Teaching Faculty
Ken Orbach, Ph.D. (Academic Program Director)
- Previously Named President Elect of the American Tax Association
- Previous Vice chair of the AICPA Subchapter S Committee for 2002-2003
- Author of numerous articles in the top Tax journals
- 20+ years experience in accounting and law firms, having initially worked for Monroe & Lemann (now Jones, Walker) in the corporate department, handling securities, financial reporting and corporate issues.
- Chief of Staff and Counsel to the Hon. E. Clay Shaw, Jr., Vice Chair of the U.S. House Ways & Means Committee and Chair of the Trade Subcommittee, in charge of, among others, tax and accounting legislation.
- Assoc. Member Assoc. Certified Fraud Examiners.
- CPA and Masters in Taxation.
- Nine years in tax practice.
- Published articles in Internal Auditing, The CPA Journal, and The Journal of Accountancy.
Partial Listing of School of Accounting Executive Programs Administrative Staff
Kathi Dasilva (Student Services)
- Has worked in the Executive Accounting Programs for many years.
- B.A. in education from Florida State University.
- Worked with the Florida Legislature for two years.
Program Advisory Board and Contributing Professionals
- Native of the Washington, D.C. area, undergraduate work at the University of California, Santa Barbara.
- University of San Diego School of Law, J.D. and LL.M in Taxation.
- Trained at the United States Attorney’s Office and worked as the Managing Editor of the San Diego International Law Journal.
- Served as attorney with the Office of the Chief Counsel, IRS in the Small Business/Self Employed Division.
- Member of the Federalist Society, Florida Bar Association and the American Bar Association.